Tuesday 19 April 2011

best sandwich



Another greta day out in the hood starting to feel more at home. I have tried to track down someone to do cheap neons they sat scripted writing in more expensive than lettering but it feels like we need to push the boat out. My BEST sandwich reminded me of been in a diner in newyork it was just so big and after the pictures of my belly yesterday I have not eaten for the rest of the day.

When I got in I told Kim how funny the day had been and I started to think that we had had a good laugh with and not at people it all felt perfect down to the plug socket in the shop. Stallions it is just pure genius. I am thinking a lot about sharing spaces and how our project in the shops is an example of good art engaged with the social but also asks much more about practise and the artists role and the role for art. I think this is because the project is about art production rather than art as a vehicle for the agendas of others. I like the way we are asking this through and of the work not as a add on debate. I am struggling with the idea of generating a shared epistemological space just by talking we are negociating what art means in the contexts we find ourselves we need to develop this approach with the curators at the graves - extend and contest the poundries of the taxonomy of art or something like that. now for the sandwhich.

No comments:

Post a Comment