Wednesday 27 July 2011

Kate Pahl thoughts

just tried to write on your blog but I got in a muddle about google accounts as I have two and one is owned by the University
So i will say what I was going to say which is the Parson cross work felt for me like a platform from which i could draw from as it was about being committed to the space and being in the space and then the ideas for the art work came from the people in the space . It is your best work I think. This is very much what was going on in East Herringthorpe.
You would love to see Liam's film will put it up now
I feel the meeting created a new shared space like the Parson Cross platform where we could move on from an understanding that the people in the space have a voice and that is valid
What i am concerned with is when voices are appopriated maybe I did this with the draws I don't know but I know the Parson Cross thing is very much what I want to do a

1 comment:

  1. Did the people of Parson Cross have a say in whether they wanted to live in an area in which shop shutters are gaudily painted sufficient to cheapen the place. Is this what they did in their own areas? Did they approve of Ania's disgusting 'Rotting Heads on Parson Cross'? Was all this a good use of public money?

    ReplyDelete