Thursday 8 September 2011

Hello

Well, I feel as if I have gone from being a semi-critic of the Parson Cross project to being not exactly the old guard yet!! Anyway, I had one of the best top 10 days of my life on Tuesday.
After a great, liberating meting with Kate and Steve, I found myself outside Remington Community Centre meeting the PCSO for the area Nigel. He was great and took me into the centre. Within about 2 minutes of being inside, after a short discussion with Lesley from the centre, whom I had just met, I was offered the use of a space (free!) for the 2 days I want to work with young people. Fanatastic! As an aside, I also ended up volunteering for the management committee for the centre but that's great too. I want to be involved in Parson Cross for a long time.

Then on for tea with the vicar at St Paul's Church! Ian is defintely someone who gets himself out into the community. After savouring some of his collection of paintings - which were very interesting - we had a good chat about the project and he gave me some very good contacts which I am currently following up.

I''d like to be working on the project the whole time but alas my day job gets in the way.
I'll post again soon with an update....
Paul

3 comments:

  1. And great to have you on board. I really like the fact you are out and about and chatting to people. Funny the comment about been a semi-critic because thats just what I'm like and it's almost like a bad habit I'm trying to break. Art projects are often justifyably easy targets and I'm trying to make myself more generous and put my effort into attempting to make things better, but sometimes it really goes against the grain. Sounds like you got off to a great start on your project. I didn't mention it when we met but I've got materials like sizzors oil pastles and bits and bobs if you want to borrow any of them for your group work.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve - I might take you up on that offer.
    Best,
    Paul
    p.s. it was you and Kate that confounded my crits of the project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sizzors???? Oh! They say the people from Pqrson Cross are uneducated!

    ReplyDelete